Pineapple Sweet Potato Muffins
- Time 16 minutes
- Serves 16
- 1 cup cut or whole canned Louisiana yams, pureed
- 1 can crushed pineapple (8 ounce), drained
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, orange zest, eggs and sugar. Stir until well combined. Stir in walnuts.
- In a large bowl combine flour, powder, soda and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and fold until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not cover mix.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon about ¼ cup batter into each cup. If there is not enough batter to fill the tin, put a small amount of water in the empty ones. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 14-16 servings