Gingered Pecan Peach Crumble
- Time 50 minutes
- Serves 68
- 3 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 stick (6 Tbsp) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- pinch of salt
How to make it
- Butter the an 11"x8" baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches with brown sugar, ginger, butter, lemon juice, flour and nutmeg and spread the mixture in the baking dish.
- For the topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, butter and salt and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the topping over the peach mixture, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the crumble in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until it is bubbling and the top is golden.