Pureed Broccoli Soup
- 2 medium onions
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 small bunch of scallions or 2 leeks
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 8 cups water
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
How to make it
- Roughly chop first three ingredients and saute in olive oil in a large stock pot, stirring occasionally- about 10 minutes.
- While these are cooking, clean and roughly chop the rest of the veggies.
- Once the onions are softened, add the rest of the veggies and the water plus salt to taste.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and continue to simmer, partially covered, until veggies are soft.
- Puree solids and reserve in a separate bowl.
- Remove about 2 cups of liquid and add pureed solids back to the original pot and stir well,
- * reserve extra vegetable stock for another purpose- it's delicious and loaded with vitamins!