Bacon And Chicken Dumplings
- Slices Bacon
- 6 Large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Onions, diced
- 8 Chicken Breast Halves, skinless, boneless , diced
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Can Whole Kernel Corn, (15.25 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 6 Cups Half-and-Half
- 3 Cups Biscuit Mix
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
How to make it
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until it is evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes, chicken and onion to the bacon drippings and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Season with the salt, fresh ground black pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Stir in the corn, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the half-and-half and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the crumbled bacon.
- Combine the biscuit mix with the whole milk in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then another 10 minutes covered.
- Serve immediately.