Creamsicle Ice Cream Pie
- 26 gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Orange slices and mint sprigs for garnish
How to make it
- Coat a pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Pulse cookies and nuts in food processor to make fine crumbs then add butter and process.
- Press crust over bottom and up sides of pie plate then freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soften sherbet and ice cream until spreadable but not melting.
- Spread 1 pint sherbet over bottom of crust then spoon on ice cream then spread into even layer.
- Top with spoonfuls of remaining sherbet and spread to edges of pie and freeze 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving remove pie from freezer.
- Beat cream and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Spread decoratively on pie then garnish with orange slices and mint.