White Chocolate Chip Meringue Dessert Bars
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped nuts divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press evenly onto bottom of ungreased rectangular baking pan then bake 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle morsels and 1 cup nuts over hot crust.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until frothy then gradually add brown sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form then carefully spread meringue over morsels and nuts.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts then bake 20 minutes and serve warm or completely cooled.