1 tablespoon finely shredded tangerine or orange peel
3 tablespoons frozen orange tangerine blend concentrate, or orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
How to make it
1. Line 30 muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the cooking oil; set aside. In another bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar and the peel. Alternately add flour mixture and egg-buttermilk mixture stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Add the thawed concentrate; mix until just combined.
3. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed. (Cupcakes will dip slightly in centers). Cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
4. For frosting, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 6 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
Makes 30 cupcakes.
5. Tip: If you don't have 30 muffin cups, chill batter while your first batch of cupcakes bake. Wash pans; bake remaining batter as directed above.