Ham Bone Soup
- Time 180 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1 bag of 15 Bean
- 1 large onion-diced
- Enough carrots to equal your onion-diced
- Enough celery to equal your onion-diced; a little extra in raw stalk form for your stock build.
- 5 or more cloves of garlic-chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 15oz can of diced or stewed tomatoes
- Chili powder
- 2-3 chicken boulion cubes
- 3-4 ay leaves
- Bouquet garni of savory goodness
How to make it
- Soak 15 bean mix over night in soup pot.
- Drain beans and replace with 2 quarts of fresh water.
- Add leftover ham bone or ham hocks or whatebver you might have similar, bouquet garni, bay leaves and boullion cubes.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for two hours.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery.
- Add garlic to the onion, carot, celery mixture towards the end of the saute.
- Add saute mixture and chili powder to ham soup and simmer for an additional half hour.
- Add juice of one lemon.
- Serve with bread for a complete, hearty meal!