Ginger And Peach Chicken
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can peach slices in light syrup
- 1/2 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger*
- 1 - 6 ounce package frozen pea pods, cooked and drained
How to make it
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Meanwhile drain peaches, reserving juice.
- Add water to juice to equal 1/2 cup.
- Stir in cornstarch, ginger, and salt. Add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Gently stir in peaches and water chestnuts; heat through.
- On a serving platter or 4 individual plates, arrange rice, pea pods, and chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- *1/8 teaspoon ground ginger may be substituted.