Almond Joy Candy
- 1 can Condensed milk; sweetened (14 oz)
- 2 oz Chocolate; unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Coconut; shredded
- 45 Almonds; whole, salted
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In top of double boiler, combine condensed milk, chocolate and salt.
- Cook over rapidly boiling water; stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or till until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
- Form cookies by dropping teaspoons of mixture on well greased baking sheet, 1" apart.
- Top each with a whole almond.
- Bake on middle sheet of oven for 10-12 minutes, watching cookie carefully after 8-9 minutes,as the bottom can get to brown.
- Immediately remove cookies from pan with metal spatula and cool on wax paper covered rack.
- These taste a bit like the chocolate bars; hence the name.
- They freeze well.
- I was wondering if I could hold out the chocolate, bake the cookies, then dip them in chocolate!?! They would be more like the candy bar then!!! Maybe!