White Bean Turkey Chili With Corn Bread Dumplings
- 1 lb cooked turkey
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa
- 15 oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8.5 oz pkg corn bread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz) (optional)
- slivered green onions (optional for topping)
- chili powder (optional for topping)
How to make it
- Chop turkey.
- In a Dutch oven, combine turkey, salsa, beans, chili powder, and 2/3 cup water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, for dumplings, in a medium bowl mix together corn bread mix, egg and 1/4 cup water.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls on boiling turkey chili.
- Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.
- To serve, top chili with cheese, green onions, and chili powder.