- 5 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 c. water
How to make it
- Stir flour, eggs, salt, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Beat until batter is smooth and no longer adheres to the spoon. Add water as needed.
- The spaetzle dough can be firm enough to be rolled and cut into slivers or soft enough to be forced through a sieve, colander or spaetzle-maker with large holes.
- My preference is a colander.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Press the dough through the colander into the boiling water.
- They cook quickly and are done when they float back to the surface. As the noodles finish cooking, remove them with a slotted spoon.
- To serve: Saute the noodles in a tablespoon of butter.
- Top with gravy.