Onions for your HealthFrom henrie 5 years ago
How to make it
- A friend of mine told me a story about how when he was a kid he was in
- The hospital & near dying. His Italian grandmother came to the hospital
- & told a family member to go buy her a large onion & a new pair of white
- Cotton socks. She sliced the onion open then put a slice on the bottom
- Of each of his feet & put the white cotton socks on him. In the morning
- When he awoke they removed the socks. The slices of onion were black &
- His fever was gone. The following story that someone sent to me might
- Have some truth in it & we are going to try this this winter. In 1919
- When the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited
- The many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu. Many of
- The farmers and their family had contracted it and many died.
- The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was
- Very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was
- Different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a
- Dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then).
- The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the
- Onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he
- Did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion.. It obviously
- Absorbed the bacteria,therefore, keeping the family healthy.
- Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said
- That several years ago many of her employees were coming down
- With the flu and so were many of her customers. The next year
- She placed several bowls with onions around in her shop.
- To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work...
- (And no, she is not in the onion business.)
- The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls
- Around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your
- Office or under your desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see
- What happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.If this
- Helps you and your loved ones from getting sick all the better. If you
- Do get the flu, it just might be a mild case..
- Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on onions! Now
- There is a P. S. To this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who
- Regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with
- This most interesting experience about onions:
- Weldon,thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers
- Story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and needless to say I
- Was very ill...I came across an article that said to cut both ends off
- An onion put one end on fork and then place the forked end into an
- Empty jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said
- The onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it
- Happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel
- Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed
- Around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have
- Powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
- Jeff Kaplan R.N., L.M.T.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating11 people
Wow - I finally read the email too! LOLjett2whit in Union City loved it
I still think you should wear them in your socks!!lol I am so glad this is working for you my friend!!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
lovely!puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!