Vegan Southwestern Soup
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 58
- improvisational cooking - according to personal preference, adjust bean and or tomatoe amount to whatever degree, along with spices. make your food taste just the way you want it to taste!
- 30-32 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 10 oz black beans (or around 3/4 a small can)
- 8 oz red beans (or around half a small can)
- 8-10 oz garbanzo beans
- 2 cups loosely chopped swiss chard or kale (not packed)
- 1 small onion - diced
- 2 garlic clove - minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup corn (optionally frozen)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh time leaves
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
How to make it
- pour the water Into a large to medium sized pot and place on medium high heat.
- once water is boiling, add black, red, and garbanzo beans. stir 3 minutes before adding tomatoes, onions, and garlic. stir one minute before adding spices. adjust spices to taste
- put heat on med low. cook 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft and tender.
- add swiss chard or kale and cook another 2-3 minutes. turn off heat.