Baked Red Snapper Italian Style
- 3 pounds red snapper, whole fish (or bass)
- 1 clove garlic - chopped fine
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small hunk hard italian cheese (maybe 2 oz)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parm or romano cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion sliced very thin
- 3 slices lemon
- 6-8 mint leaves
How to make it
- Mix bread crumbs, grated cheese and 3 finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
- stuff fish and close and fasten with toothpick(s).
- Grease baking pan with tablespoon of oil and place fish in it
- slit fish on upturned side and in each slit, place 1 small piece cheese, some thin slices of onion and 1 mint leaf.
- Pour tomatoes over fish and arrange 3 thin slices of lemon on top.
- Bake at 350 F. for 1 hr. basting regularly.
- Cover during last 15 minutes of cooking.