- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1T. brown sugar
How to make it
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Work in the shortening as in mixing biscuits.
- Reserve one cup of the mixture; and to the remainder add the egg, slightly beaten and combined with the milk.
- Beat; and transfer to a shallow pan rubbed with shortening and dusted with flour.
- Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar to the dry mixture( the one cup you reserved); and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in oven 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes