Argentinean Potato Salad
- 4 russet potatoes - peeled, boiled, and cubed
- 3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 5 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- salt and black pepper to taste
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook peeled potatoes until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, and cube.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover pan, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water and allow to cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs, and toss together with the potatoes and vegetables in alarge mixing or serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground mustard, lemon juice, dill weed, and green olives.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour dressing over the potato mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.