Chicken And Spinach Sill Mai - Steamed Dumplings
- 1 lb organic spinach leaves
- 4 oz ground lean chicken breast
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch white pepper
- White Sill Mai Wrapper (Chinese dumpling skins)
How to make it
- Wash spinach leaves, shake off excess water.
- Blanch quickly in boiling water.
- Drain and mince.
- Mince chicken breast.
- Toast minced garlic to light golden color.
- Mix above eight ingredients to create siu mai filling.
- Place single siu mai wrapper on palm, spoon filling onto center,
- using your other hand, grab corners of wrapper and lift to make a bundle.
- Place completed bundles on bamboo steamer basket, making sure to leave space around each one.
- Lay steamer basket with siu mai over rim of a pot of boiling water for six minutes.
- Ready to serve, add mustard or chili paste to taste.
- This recipe makes 4 servings (about 20 pieces).