Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Time 15 minutes
- Serves 24
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup(1 stick)unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds,toasted (arrange nuts in single layer on baking sheet,Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees 8-10 minutes until lightly browned)
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
How to make it
- position oven rack in middle of oven
- PREHEAT:350 degrees
- Spray a 7 X10 3/4 inch nonstick baking pan with vegetable cooking spray
- Lay a 6 x 18 piece of parchment paper in the pan,allow ecess to hang over sides
- Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
- n a medium bowl,use a hand beater,beat egg white until frothy.
- Stir in the peanut butter,brown sugar and honet.
- add the melted butter,oats,and almonds.
- Stir to combine and add chocolate chips.
- using a rubber spatula,spread the mixture into prepared pan,pressing lightly to form an even layer.
- bake until the dge of the mixture begins to brown,about 15 minutes.
- remove from oven cool at least one hour.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares and serve,or wrap in plastic wrap for traveling.