Filet Mignon With Merlot Sauce
- 1 bottle merlot wine
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 filet mignon steaks
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
How to make it
- Boil wine, chicken broth and beef broth in heavy large saucepan over high heat until mixture is reduced to 2 cups about 1 hour.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and cracked pepper then sauté 4 minutes per side and transfer to plate.
- Add shallots garlic and thyme to skillet and stir 30 seconds.
- Add reduced wine mixture to skillet then bring mixture to boil scraping down browned bits.
- Add butter mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Boil sauce for 2 minutes then serve steaks with sauce.