Roasted Chicken And Broccoli Risotto
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup short grain rice (plus 1 cup and 1/4 boiling water)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce/puree
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup left over roasted chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp parmisan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- In a pan lightly brown the rice in the butter.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano and broccoli - stir.
- Pour the water over the rice, season with salt and pepper and lower the heat, parcially cover the pan and keep an eye stirring every now and then.
- When the rice is almost cooked add the chicken and parmisan.
- Serve as soon as it is cooked. You can add more grated parmisan over the rice after serving.