Pulled Pork And Pineapple Pizza
- Time 15-20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 18 oz ready to eat pulled barbecue pork (such as Lloyd's or Curly's)
- 8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
How to make it
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dinner rolls or Texas rolls into a ball and roll into an 11x17-inch rectangle.
- Place on a sprayed 11x17-inch baking pan, building up edges slightly.
- Poke several times with a fork and pre-bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- In a small skillet, bring juice drained from pineapple to a low boil. Boil until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Melt the butter into the juice.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Slice the onion into thin slices.
- Add to the pineapple mixture and saute, stirring frequently, until the onions just begin to turn golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread your prebaked crust with the pork.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, sauted onions and pineapple. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.