White Bean And Chicken Chili
- Time 360 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (about 3 lbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,chopped
- 2 4 oz. cans roasted green chilies,drained
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans,rinsed and drained
- 4 c low-sodium chicken broth
How to make it
- Warm oil in skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chicxken with salt and pepper and place skin side down in skillet. Cook 6 mins,turning once.
- Transfer to plate;remove skin. Drain all but 2 Tbs fat from [an. Saute onions and garlic 5 mins. Stir onion mixture,chilies,cumin,chicken,beans and broth into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours,stirring twice. Remove 1 c beans plus 1/2 c liquid from slow cooker. Puree in a blender;return to slow cooker. Serve hot