Long Grain & Wild Rice StuffingFrom windy1950 6 years ago
- 2 tbsps butter shopping list
- 1 med stalk (1/2 cup) chopped celery shopping list
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) chopped onion shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked, chilled long grain white rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1/4 cup raw) cooked wild rice shopping list
- 8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- ½ lb pork sausage, crumbled and fried shopping list
- 2 whole eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Cook meat in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butter to the pan with the meat and allow to melt.
- Cook celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms, salt and pepper in butter until celery and carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine contents of the skillet, the two rices, eggs, paprika and poultry seasoning.
- Stuff meat or poultry and proceed with appropriate recipe; or bake in greased, covered casserole for a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at 375F deg.
- If preparing meat or poultry with long cooking time, bake stuffing in slow cooker on low heat for that entire period of time, checking and basting occasionally if necessary to prevent drying.