Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Extra virgin olive oil for greasing and drizzling
- 4 oz. smoked gouda cheese,cut in 4 pieces
- 1 10 oz pkg. frozen spinaach,thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 6 to 8 scallions,chopped
- 1 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 heads endive,sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbs chopped walnuts
How to make it
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven,place a baking sheet on the rack and preheat to 450. Lightly grease a 9" round or 8" square baking dish with olive oil.
- Pulse the gouda in processor until finely chopped. Add spinach,whole eggs and egg whites,ricotta,flour and nutmeg and process until well combined ,about 30 seconds. Add scallions,pulse to mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with the parmesan and paprika. Place the quiche on pre-heated baking pan and bake until center is just set,25-30 mins.
- Drizzle endive and walnuts lightly with olive oil and toss. Serve the quiche hot or romm temperature with the endive.