Pork In Tamarind Soup With Taro SInigang
- 1 kilo pork (chopped into cubes)
- a bunch of fresh spinach
- 1 large eggplant ( sliced about half-inch diagonally )
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 pieces finger chili
- 2 medium sized tomatoes ( quartered )
- 1 carrot ( sliced into cubes)
- 1 Large onion ( quartered )
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 liters water
- 1 pack Tamarind Soup mix with Taro ( good for 2 Liters of water)
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion until the layers separate.
- Add chopped pork and cook until slightly browned.
- Add fish sauce and stir until the pork absorbs it .
- Pour 2 Liters of water.Bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for approximately 40 minutes until the pork tenders.
- Add the Tamarind Soup Mix with Taro and finger chillies .Mix well.
- Add the carrots and eggplants.Simmer for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cover for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.