3 Musketeers BarsFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 12 oz bags milk chocolate chips shopping list
- large saucepan shopping list
- candy therometer shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1
- In a large saucepan on medium heat combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt.
- Stir to boiling then continue to cook using a candy thermometer.
- Step 2
- Beat egg whites until they are stiff and begin to form.
- You'll want to use a glass bowl for mixing, plastic is not desirable.
- When the sugar solution reaches 270 degrees F, remove from heat and slowly pour in with the egg whites in a mixer while blending slowly. Continue to blend until the mixture becomes the consistency of dough. This can take up to 20 minutes.
- Step 3
- Once the mixture reaches the consistency of dough, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Do not add before the sugar/egg white mixture reaches a doughy consistency.
- When the chocolate is blended and the nougat is thick, press into a 9x9" pan.
- Step 4
- Put the pan into the fridge until firm.
- This should take about 30 minutes.
- Step 5
- With a sharp knife, cut the candy in half, then across in 7 segments to create 14 bars.
- Step 6
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 2 minutes stirring half way.
- Be careful not to over heat.
- Step 7
- Take a fork and stab a candy bar, then dip into the chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Repeat this step for all 14 bars.
- Step 8
- Let the bars harden and cool.
- This should take about 1-2 hours. Yields 14 bars.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- sunflower48386 White Lake, MI
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- taylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
- angelkisses Lexington, SC
- misslizzi Philadelphia, PA
- a1patti Salem, MA
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
Awsoe! karyln luv usketeers and nw can make y very own thanks bunche high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love the history of the candy. This recipes will be found to make with my grandchildren. Thanks! ^5a1patti in Salem loved it
love the history very nice !!! thank u
love these candy bars right now i could eat 3- 4 of them lol havent had candy in awhile lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it