Chicken Grapefruit Salad
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 small whole cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chile
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 chopped fresh red chile julienned for garnish
- Shallot Flakes:
- 6 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
How to make it
- Peel and separate grapefruit into segments then remove membranes and discard seeds.
- Gently flake flesh apart into a bowl then chill.
- Hand shred chicken then add chicken and shrimp to grapefruit.
- In small bowl mix together chopped red chile with fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and coriander.
- Toss chicken mixture then arrange lettuce on a serving platter.
- Put fruit mixture over lettuce then top with peanuts and 2 tablespoons fried shallot flakes.
- Garnish with chile slivers.
- To make shallot flakes slice shallots into thin slices.
- Heat pan with vegetable oil over medium heat then add shallots and fry slowly for 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.