Orange Butterflake Rolls
- Time 12 minutes
- Serves 12
- 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- zest from 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
How to make it
- Cut each Texas roll into 5 equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest and sugar.
- Dip both sides of each roll piece into butter and then orange sugar mixture. Stack five pieces together and place, on their sides, in a well sprayed muffin cup.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and place on cooling rack.
- Combine icing ingredients and mix well.
- Brush over rolls while still warm.
- *Zest: The thin outer peel of an Orange