Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Time 8-10 minutes
- Serves 48
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp soy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar (vegan)
- 1/2 brown sugar (vegan)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut extract
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (a generous amount!)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add coconut extract, soy milk, almond butter and apple sauce until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, almond slices, and shredded coconut.
- Shape dough into small tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Should make about 4 dozen small cookies.