Germanic - Style Apple Bundt
- Time 85 minutes
- Serves 16
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 packets (105 g) apple-cinnamon instant oatmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 large apples, unpeeled, diced
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 10" tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flaxseed, oatmeal, sugars and boiling water, stirring well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add agave, oil, vanilla and maple extract, mixing well.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then fold in the apples until well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 85 minutes, tenting the top with foil after 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 40 minutes before turning out onto a rack.