Not Really Huevos Rancheros
- • 1 – 2 corn tortillas.
- • ¼ cup frejoles refritos.
- • ¼ cup chopped young and fresh zucchini squash, chopped medium.
- • 2 eggs, cooked to your liking.
- • Sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- • Dab of butter.
- • Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- • Bit of salsa, your choice but I like a fresh chunky salsa here.
How to make it
- 1. Lightly oil or spray a microwave proof plate.
- 2. Get the tortillas wet (damp) and spread on a little butter.
- 3. Put the tortillas on the plate and cover with the zucchini.
- 4. Cover this with a shallow upside down bowl and cook on high in the micro for 3 minutes, or so, depending on your micro. Please don’t over cook.
- 5. While this is going on cook the two eggs your way, sunny side up is really best.
- 6. When the micro dings, beeps, plays music, whatever, take out the tortillas, uncover and slither the eggs on top of the zucchini.
- 7. Sprinkle on the cheese; add salsa to taste and comer (eat).
- You can, of course, do all of this on the piece of boiler plate you have laying across the wood fire out back but watch out for the dogs and don’t burn your dedos.