Stuffed Red Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 red bell peppers, halved through the stem, remove seeds and ribs, but keep the stem
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange peppers, cut sides up, in baking pan, and lightly spray the cut edges and stems with cooking spray.
- Combine the sundried tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, ricotta, mozzarella,
- and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture, and roast in oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.