Green Chili Beef Burritos
- Time 5-40 minutes
- Serves 24
- 2 boneless beef top sirlion roast (3 pounds each)
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves,sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend,(optional)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 24 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, (optionsal)
How to make it
- Trim fat from roast; cut meat into large chunks
- Place in a 5-quart slow cooker
- Top with chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and seasoning blend.
- Pour broth over all
- cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove beef; cool slighty. Shred with two forks.
- cool cooking liquid; skim fat.
- In a blender cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth.
- Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato, lettuce if desired.
- Fold in ends and sides