Mile High Smokey Mac N Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked Spanish sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives, for garnish
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the macaroni and cook to al dente.
- Drain in a colander. (I have to rinse the pasta..."they" say not to, but, cooking for my Dad growing up, that was a BIG no no...he hates that starchy taste, gotta say, I do too! lol YUCH!)
- Whisk together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, hickory smoked salt, mustard powder, nutmeg, and marjoram.
- Set aside.
- Return the saucepan to the stovetop and add evaporated milk to warm.
- Whisk in the spices and stir in the cheese, a handful at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the drained pasta and cook until creamy and hot.
- Transfer the macaroni to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chives before serving