Pine Nut Cookies And Cherry Rosettes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste
- 2 egg whites
- 3 ounces pine nuts (pignoli nuts)
- Confectioners suger to dust
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift together both sugars, flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a fork, break up the almond paste into small pieces.
- Put into a mixing bowl.
- Add egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Roll into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Place 2-inches apart on baking sheets.
- Lightly press into rounds 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Press a few nuts into the top of each.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- To make into rosettes:
- Press dough through a pastry bag or cookie press with a rosette tip.
- Omit the pine puts.
- Press a candied half cherry into center of each.