- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 ozs cream of coconut, canned (Coco Lopez brand is recommended)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large fresh mangoes
How to make it
- Wrap outside of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides with foil.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, coconut and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter and mix to blend.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in egg yolk.
- Add cream of coconut, whipping cream and shredded coconut; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake cheesecake until puffed and golden, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; cool completely. Refrigerate until well chilled (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Puree 1/4 of mango slices in blender until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Sweeten to taste with sugar, if desired.
- Using small knife, cut around cheesecake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Arrange remaining mango slices decoratively over cheesecake.
- Serve with mango puree.