- Whole chicken cut up (about 3.5 lbs) or boneless breast & thigh pieces
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, crushed or grated
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- Few sprigs Thyme
- 1 TBSP Soy sauce
- 1 TBSP Allspice
- 2 TBSP Ketchup
- 1 TBSP hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup hot water
How to make it
- Wash chicken pieces in lime juice, dry off
- Add onion, garlic, pepper, thyme, soy sauce, allspice, ketchup, salt & pepper to large ziplock bag and marinate chicken in mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and reserve.
- Brown chicken pieces in hot oil
- Add marinade and hot water, simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly (about 1/2 hour), adding additional water if necessary (should turn dark brown but you don't want the chicken/sauce to burn).
- Correct seasoning and serve with rice and peas.