Condensed Milk (homemade)
- 1 1/3 cups dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar (I like to use fine granulated, but regular is okay. Sugar substitute works well also.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I use homemade. You can find recipe right here on Grouprecipes.com)
How to make it
- Mix milk into cold water. It will be thick, so mix the best you can. A few small lumps is not the end of the world as you are going to mix into something else probably where it will disappear.
- You can microwave until steaming, or place on stovetop over medium heat like I do until steaming. Stir alot.
- Once steaming add sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissolves. (You can use a sugar substitute and be fine. Follow the mfr's directions for portion.)
- Chill until cold. Ok to bring back to room temperature before using.
- (Note that photo submitted is just after mixed and prior to chilling. You might find you have to add a few more drops of water...do so very carefully and slowly!)
- I prefer this recipe stove top while stirring or whisking a lot.
- If all of your powder milk does not melt....strain product before putting in fridge.