Ong Choi Aka Water Spinach With Oyster Sauce
- 1 lb washed ong choi, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 large clove of garlic chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp Chinese oyster sauce (I like Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 1 tsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
How to make it
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat your wok over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add some salt and the oil. When it starts to smoke swirl it around the pan..
- Add the garlic and stir fry for a couple of seconds. Add the spinach.
- At first the wok will seem too full. The greens will cook down very quickly like spinach. Stir fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and mix thoroughly.