Home-made Spicy Chili
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 medium onion
- 1 sweet pepper (green or red)
- 1/4 cup of diced hot peppers (optional)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of soaked beans (can substitute 2 cans of beans)
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground pork
- 1 cup frozen corn nibblets
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 shots Tabasco sauce, or 4 shots of a pepper-based hot sauce
How to make it
- Combine ground pork, onion and peppers in a crying pan, and brown the meat. When cooked, drain excess grease, and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Add corn.
- Stir in spices, adjust to taste.
- Heat on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.