Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
How to make it
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt.
- Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
- A 1/2 cup milk will make about 1 scoop of ice cream, so double the recipe if you want more.
- But don't increase the proportions more that that -- a large amount might be too big for kids to pick-up because the ice itself is heavy.