Grilled Bacon Meatloaf BurgersFrom shandy 3 years ago
- 1 c. minced Vidalia onion shopping list
- 1/4 c. minced green or yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 c. Italian dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchup shopping list
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 T. steak sauce (your choice; I used A-1) shopping list
- 1 t. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t. ground paprika shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 t. pepper shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef (I use 85/15 mix) shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground lamb shopping list
- 12 slices of cooked bacon (I used thick, center cut bacon) shopping list
- 1 recipe Fruit and Nut Pimiento Cheese (recipe follows) shopping list
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted on grill shopping list
- 6 slices tomato and the same for lettuce leaves shopping list
- Dijon mustard to be spread on burger bun tops shopping list
- FRUIT AND NUT PIMIENTO CHEESE: shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/3 c. finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 c. diced pimientos shopping list
- 1/3 c. minced Vidalia onion shopping list
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries, chopped shopping list
- 2 T. minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground paprika shopping list
- 1/8 t. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic, and stir for 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, and let cool completely.
- Add bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire, steak sauce, dry mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture, mixing well. Add ground beef, pork, and lamb, mixing until just combines. Shape mixture into 6 patties, and place on a baking sheet or plate. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray.
- Grill burgers, turning once, just until they feel firm when pressed in the centers (meat should bounce back), approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, and immediately top each burger with two slices bacon and desired amount of fruit and nut pimiento cheese. Serve hot, on buns, with tomato, lettuce and Dijon mustard.
- DIRECTIONS FOR FRUIT AND NUT PIMIENTO CHEESE:
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar, pecans, pimientos, onion cranberries, parsley, Worcestershire, paprika, and salt, mixing to blend. Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!