Chicken And Ham Soup
- 2 cans of (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth,
- 1 c. water
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of chopped shallot
- 1 lb. og boneless, skinless 1 in. chicken breast
- 4 oz chopped ham, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of dried sage leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 1/2 tsp.of salt
How to make it
- First heat oil in a large pan over medium flame.
- Now you can add shallot, cooking approx. 1 minute, until tender.
- Next add broth, water, chicken, ham and sage. let this boil.
- Now reduce flame to low approx. 5 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Then add 1 tsp. of lemon zest, 2 tsp. of lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- You will want to cook a couple more minutes.
- Ladle and serve.