Baja Fresh Salsa BajaFrom sara 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the barbecue grill to high heat.
- Place 6 of the tomatoes, stem-side-down (remove any stems), directly on the grill. Roast the tomatoes over the flame for 10 to 20 minutes. When the tomatoes are very charred and blackened on the first side, flip them over and continue to grill for another 10 to 20 minutes, until most of the surface of each tomato is black. When you flip over the tomatoes, add the jalapeños to the grill (take the stem off first). The jalapeño skin will blacken like the tomatoes. Turn the peppers as they cook so that all the skin darkens.
- Take the tomatoes and peppers off the grill and put them in a bowl to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Dump the tomatoes and peppers and any liquid in the bowl into a blender. Add the garlic and salt and blend on high speed until pureed. Add the water and lime juice and blend again on high speed for 30 to 45 seconds. As the blackened bits of tomato are chopped finer; the sauce will darken.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Dice the remaining tomato and add it to the salsa. Add the onion and cilantro, then let the salsa cool in the refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sara Atlanta, GA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksara Atlanta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!