Popeye's Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom sara 4 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice the cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut the butter into the dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add the buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until a dough forms. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn light brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooksara Atlanta, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!