Yellow Chicken Curry With Potatoes
- Time 40 minutes
- Serves 5-6
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 10 boneless,skinless chicken thighs, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 4 oz. can Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 13 oz. can Coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut in small chunks
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. palm sugar (you can substitute brown)
How to make it
- In a wok or large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until starting to turn golden.
- Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry paste and curry powder and mash curry paste to soften, then stir to coat the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a gentle boil. Add potato chunks and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.