Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 72 snacks
- 1 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 6 c. whole wheat pastry flour (soft white wheat)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt (I use sea salt)
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 large bag)
- 1 c. chopped nuts, optional
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheet by greasing or use parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- Gradually blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and optional nuts. (For the nuts I've used both pecans and walnuts.)
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Put baking sheet in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- These can also be made as bars by putting into a 10"x15" jelly roll pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes.