- 12 oz raw, peeled and deveined medium Shrimp
- 1/4 Tsp minced lime zest
- Juice of 1 Lime See Note Below
- 1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Whole Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Hot Chile Powder
- 1/4 minced Jalepeno Pepper
- 1 minced Garlic Clove
- pinch of salt or to taste
- To cook:
- 1 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 1 Green or Red Bell Pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium Onion, sliced into thin strips
- 4-6 6" Flour Tortillas-warmed in an oven at 300 degrees until warm
- Sour Cream or other toppings of you desire
- NOTE: First zest the lime then put Lime in a microwave for 30 seconds on high...much easier to juice.
How to make it
- Mix the marinade and add to Shrimp. Refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour or more.
- In a 12" cast iron skillet, add Peppers and Onion. Saute gently until tender-soft.
- Add Shrimp and Marinade and saute until Shrimp is pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fill Tortillas with shrimp mixture and top with whatever you like
- For a more intimate presentation, preheat a 6" cast iron skillet and put the Shrimp in it, serving the sizzling dish to table along with a warmed plate of warm Tortillas.
- This goes great with a glass of Dos Equis Lager!