* Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a medium-size fry pan and saute onion on medium heat until transparent, about 5 minutes.
* Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
* Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
* Add chiles, salt and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
* Adjust seasonings and set Ranchera sauce to the side.
* Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a frying pan.
* Fry each tortilla on both sides until light to medium golden color, about 10 minutes total time for 8 tortillas . Place fried tortillas on kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
* Fry eggs, over medium or sunny-side up
* Place 2 tortillas on each plate and top each tortilla with a fried egg.
* Top each egg with Ranchera sauce.
NOTE: Roma tomatoes can be used, however, I've tried the recipe with different types of tomatoes and the Cherry tomatoes make it take so much better. You can taste the sweetness, but with a hint of salt and a little bit of heat from the chiles. Fresh Jalapeno chiles can also also be used in place of Serrano chiles, but the Serrano chiles are tastier and add more heat.